A mockup website is a site designed to mimic the look and feel of an existing website. It can be used for a variety of purposes, such as testing new features, or designing changes before implementing them on the actual site. This blog post will teach you how to use a free mockup web in order to create your own custom webpage.
What is a mockup website?
A mockup web is a mockup you create to show what your future website will look like when it is complete. Creating mockups can help with planning out the layout of your site, as well as assisting marketing materials for your site launch. Before creating mockups, you should know something below.
Here are some tips on making mockups:
– Choose how much detail to go into based on how many mockups you’ll be creating. More mockups mean you need a lot of time for designing and developing. For multiple mockups, just focus on big groups of components rather than each individual component.
– It will be harder to make changes to accommodate them because they’re already integrated into mockups of other components.
– While you are doing it, you have to mock up what all of the individual components will look like for each type of device as well. Even if they are just icons at first, they will give you a good idea of proportions and shapes that work across different devices.
– For mockups with many images, think about how to use CSS sprites or icon fonts so that there are fewer HTTP requests which speed up page load time.
Additionally, mockups are also useful for planning out marketing campaigns before launch:
– Creating mockup ads based on your mockup designs can help you see how they will look in places like Facebook and Twitter. You can even make Facebook ads from them and post them on relevant groups to get feedback before launch.
– Create mockup print ads for magazines, in-store advertisements, or other similar places.
– Use mockups on your website and blog as mockups are the easiest way to show people what you’re planning without having to put a lot of money on development costs.
Why You Should Use Mockups
Mockups are a great way to present ideas. They allow you to show the audience what your product will look like, rather than just describe it verbally, or write about how it will work.
Mockups can be used in many different ways. Examples include:
– Presenting your designs/ideas through an app to other people helps you get their feedback (feedback from experts is particularly useful). This can help give you ideas on how to improve the design and make it more appealing to users. Note that mockup reviews should not be used as a way of asking technical questions about implementation (use stack overflow for that instead).
– Presenting your product to investors can make them understand what your product does.
– Presenting your product to other people within your company. For example, showing it to someone who will be responsible for implementing the user interface.
Some companies make their developers do mockups of their features. This does not work out well because most developers are bad at visual design. At Treehouse, we have found that making designers create mockups and putting non-designers in charge of implementing them usually results in the designers being unhappy.
How to Create Free Mockup Web
Let’s see how it looks when turned into a real design. The above image is a mockup created with the mockup tool. In the below image, you will be able to see more details of the mockup with lots of mock-up templates.
Nowadays, mockups have become a trend for web designers, so they can create visual presentations, or preview in presenting their projects before it is launched or published online. Mockups are used by both professionals and beginners as it is easier, compared when they are creating the mock-up website using a photoshop template. You can find many mock-up templates available on the internet that can be used to create mockups easier and faster. The most important thing to be considered by the designer while creating a mockup website is to make sure that the design looks similar. With this mockup web, you can present your mockup website in a real-life scenario. You will have a chance to get feedback from users if the mock-up design appeals to them or not.
Top free mockup webs
If you are looking for mockups that can use as mockups templates, here we have listed some useful mockup sources available on the internet:
1) Pixeden – free mockup templates
2) Mockup monster – allows members to create their own mockups with their designs
3) Design mockup – free resources of mockups that includes lots of examples like screen mock-ups, mobile devices mockups, mockups of mockup templates, and more mockup template designs
4) Mockup freebies – provides a lot of mockups like mockstyle.com, mockup tool-free, mockup product mockups, and other types of mockups that can be used to create mockups easily
5) PSDDIVE – offers a huge collection of different mock-up templates, including screen design mock-ups, mobile device mock-ups, and print PSD mock-ups. Moreover, you will have a chance to follow the latest updates about the website designs by going on their blog section. Feel free to comment or share your thoughts about the project!
You can also use the mockup to easily create mockups.
6) Mockup zone – mockup templates include mockups resources which make you create mockups quickly and easily
7) 2mockup – free mockup templates with tons of different types of mock-ups like promotional mock-ups, and mobile device mockups. You will be able to find lots of useful tools, fonts, Photoshop actions, and tutorials on their website, so make sure to check it out!
8) Bestofpsd – offers a huge collection of PSD files including page layout mock-ups, print design mock-ups, and web design mock-ups. You will be able to find mockup templates by using mockup tools that can be used for mockups websites.
9) Free mocks – mock-up templates with free download from different sources on the internet including mock-ups of the most popular brands and companies like Apple, Google, Pepsi, YouTube ads, etc. You will also be able to see lots of mockup examples from other designers created by using mockup templates. Therefore, you can learn how they create their mock-up designs easily and quickly.
10) Psd zone – free photoshop files and PSD files including mobile devices mockups, website design mockups print PSD mockups, web page layout mockups mockup template, and more mockup templates.
We hope this mockup web gives you a clear idea of how mockups are created by using mockup tools and it will make your mock-up project easier to create.
We believe this article has been helpful in giving you the tools and knowledge to make your own free mockup web. Designing is a powerful tool for making our lives easier, so don’t be afraid of it! If you’re still having trouble figuring out where to start building websites by yourself, please let us know right away!